Tuesday, March 9, 2010

John Hancock

Aah the power of suggestion
So very tried and true
But when I said "You WILL Bring Me Flowers"
I did not mean from YOU*

They showed up on a Wednesday
In front of my whole crew
I thought they were from Mama
Cause that's what she likes to do

Now I find it most embarrassing
Though the gesture is what stands
Flowers from your Mama
Don't smell as sweet as from a man

But alas there was no card
And that's not how Mama rolls
So for three days I thought hard
This is how that story goes:

Day one: Suspecting Mama
For she loves her baby through
Day two: Suspect Ex-Lovers
But which one's most likely to?

Day three: It dawns upon some
It's Keith, it's Keith, it's Keith!
I dare say sha'nt believe it
For that is beyond belief

Could it be "Tall Dark Handsome Stranger"?
Could it be "New Crush"?
Could it be "Old Boyfriend"?
An old friend getting back in touch?

Regardless there was hoping
And debating and the like
But on day three he did come forward
And said flowers were from Mike

Now Mike is a nice guy
About the nicest you could meet
And to receive some flowers
Is undoubtedly a treat

But Mike is not the guy for me
And this I know is true
I wish him all the best
And there is nothing more to do

But I will say for those three days
Oh The Possibilities!
Next time dude, just sign the card
To save one from hope of these!

The last thing you want a girl to do
When you send her flowers
Is find out that they are from you
And cause her tear drop showers

Now you may say I am ungrateful
But I promise you, no way
I asked for flowers and I got 'em
Now what more can I say?

*This blog and this poem are meant for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to hurt "Mike's" feelings. There was just no way in hell I wasn't going to address this in my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice guy but no romantic connection. Oh well...the possibilities made it fun.

    ReplyDelete