Thursday, May 6, 2010

Material Girl

Had ANOTHER dream about "Hot".  This makes three in under a month...two of them on back to back nights.  This latest featured Hot asking me to attend a party with him.  You can imagine my surprise seeing as how even in my dream life I know I've ruined things beyond all repair.  So, of course when you are going to be seen in public with a guy like "Hot" you want to look your best.  You know, like you deserve to be with him.   There's nothing worse than being out in the world and seeing a super hot guy with an Ugly Girl (check out this awesome song by Fleming and John on this very subject).

Anyway, because I'm awesome and even in my dreams I have to F everything up, I spent the ENTIRE dream rummaging through my Mom's closet trying to find a purse and shoes to go with my dress.  Hot made two appearances in this dream, but we didn't get anywhere near first base as he spent his time in the dream talking on the phone to the people who invited us to the party.  Great.  So, what does THAT mean?

Well, I'm no psychoanalyst, but I play one on TV (uuuum, no, actually I don't), so let's try to see if we can understand what's happening here:

1) Hot is beautiful beyond all sense, but he's not very manly (can't make a move even if he knows it's a sure thing) and he's not really what I'm looking for in life other than that he's really super duper nice and did I ever mention how hot he is?  Sounds to me like I might be thinking of him more as a THING to posess and less as a person who might be a candidate to fulfill the role of "Better Half" in my life.  Hmmm...what sorts of "Things" are women attracted to in life?  Accessories maybe?  Accessories like purses and shoes???

2) Could it be that my hunt for the perfect purse and shoes ( Man) to go with my new dress (The New-Post Yoga School- Me) was a metaphor?  COULD IT!?!?  Cause I mean, here I spend the ENTIRE dream searching for something that simply doesn't exist in my Mom's closet.  The perfect shoes and purse would be existing in MY closet. (Sorry Mom, you're beautiful and wonderful and I love you very much.)

3) Now what the hell is the significance of looking in my Mom's closet?  First and foremost, I know I'm not going to find what I'm looking for...HOLY SHIZA BATMAN!...my Therapist was RIGHT!!!  I HAVE been looking to Hot to rework through some childhood crap.  Ugh!  Damn she's good.  Yeah, see I had called her two weeks ago to ask her what I should do about this Hot situation and she said, "Well, it sounds to me like you might be doing one of those-relive through a past situation in the hopes that you can get a different outcome than when you were a child-things."  That's not how she said it, but I just woke up, so give me a break.  Wow.  My subconscious is a genius.

4) Significance of Hot being on the phone the entire time:  He's Just Not That Into Me.  There.  I said it.  He can't see me.  Can't pay attention.  Doesn't know what he's missing.  And doesn't care.

I REALLY need to let it go now.  Jeez.  I wish he was ugly.  I really do.  It's hard to see that perfect row of Tiffany Pearls in the window and know that they just aren't for you.  You can't have 'em.  You can't afford them.  And they aren't even your style.  So fuggetaboutit.

I suppose the consolation is that there's something better (and more my style) waiting for me over at Cartier.  Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.

cause:

"If they don't give me proper credit, I just walk away-yay"~Madonna

No comments:

Post a Comment