Monday, May 3, 2010

False Advertising

So "Hot" is the star of a new ad campaign.  Bleah.  I can't tell you which one, but I can tell you that it's for a company that's based out of France and has a red bull's eye as it's logo.  I shop there.  A LOT.  Now I'm going to have to think of "Hot" every time I go there.  Great.  Good times.  The commercial follows "Hot" and his generic co-star as they meet, fall in love, get married, and have a baby.  Awe, how sweet.  So, if I shop at that store my life will get wrapped up in a pretty bow too!?!?!  Vomitoramagrande.

I love show biz.

Living in Hollywood is hard.  I was involved with a guy once (well, more than once) who produced the albums of every artist I had ever loved.  When he (let's call him Christopher Robin) decided we were through (well, I actually threw him out of my house, so I guess I had decided we were through) anyway, it ruined those artist's music for me.  He also did film composing for some of the best movies that have ever been made.  Also ruined.  Thanks a heap.  Please cease to exist ASAP so I can go back to loving music and film.  As the years have gone by I've slowly been able to look past some of this, but there's one artist who I simply cannot listen to to this day cause she had a relationship with Christopher Robin.  I hate her now.  I hate her and her crappy music.

When everyone is six degrees from Kevin Bacon, you can't help but have a thoughtful reminder thrown into even the most mundane of everyday tasks here.  Listening to the radio, watching TV, going to the movies...it all turns to shiz once you've dipped your toe into the Hollywood dating pool.

There's nothing worse than being passed on by someone and then ten minutes later you have to see them have a shining moment that includes them getting paid lots of money.  I don't know how celebrities do it.  If I were Jennifer Aniston, I would have killed myself the day that W spread of Brad and Angelina hit the newsstands.  Team Jennifer.  All the way.

Recently  I watched a series of music videos that "Hot" was in where he plays an Italian rock star who's going through a break-up with a super model...it was really hard not to barf all over my computer watching it.  The whole thing is just him and this beautiful woman pretending to be in love, fight, kiss, whatever.  Sick.  I can't tell you which videos but I can tell you that they were for an album that a young starlet with huge boobs made with an idie rocker who's initals are P.Y.

Christopher Robin is the king of this really cerebral music that he once labelled "Intellipop"...meaning intelligent pop music.  It's about love and stuff like most music is and when I listen to his album (yes, I still do...it's REALLY good) I can't help but think this one thing:  LIAR!

What's hard about loving an artist is that you have to keep in mind that the art and the artist AREN'T one and the same.  Just cause someone has a heartfelt idea, or can sell love by contorting their facial muscles (models/actors), doesn't mean that they are heart felt people, or that they are capable of love.  You inevitably fall in love with the product and not the person.  I certainly wasn't in love with "Hot", but I'm starting to think that he actually was a product and not a person at all.  Nobody that gorgeous was born of two mortels.  Surely not. He was created by machines.  I should have checked for a heartbeat.

I dated another guy who is a successful comedy writer.  Yes, you've seen his movies, and yes, you laughed your ass off.  Well, get a load of this...Most BORING individual I have ever met!  Seriously!  The guy had NOTHING funny to say.  EVER!  I kept waiting for the funny to come.  It never did.  I did  a lot of drinking when we were hanging out.  There was no other way to get through it.

I dated two guys from Sex And The City...you know what was funny about them?  They were both EXACTLY like their characters!!!  One had a horrifying temper (he never showed it to me, but he told me an f'ed up story once about beating the crap out of some dude...just like he did on the show) and the other was kinda stupid and boring, but really beautiful.  So, I guess it's not always smoke and mirrors.

Anyway, yeah, as predicted in a previous blog...another one bites the dust.  I don't care about "Hot" anymore.  I really don't.  He had a status update today on Facebook that had a type-o in it and I'm fairly sure it's still there.

Idiot.

Actually that's really harsh.  I have typo's all the time.  I'm just mad that he kissed the girls in the TV and didn't kiss me.  Oh well.

Have I learned my lesson?  Can I stay away from these "Industry" folks?  I don't know...

It depends on what they're sellin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment