Monday, May 10, 2010

Now What?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe.

Yesterday was my last day of Yoga Teacher Training.  It was more than I had could have possibly imagined.  I'm not going to try and describe what I learned or the transformation that has taken place.  It would be too hard.  It's just something you would have to experience for yourself.  Like being drunk, or stoned, or taking Ecstasy ...you simply cannot know unless you do it.  Notice that I chose things that alter consciousness to draw the parallel...yeah...that wasn't done loosely.  Make no mistake...Yoga isn't just exercise...that barely scratches the surface, it's SO. MUCH. MORE.  I'm going to leave it at that for now.  If you are curious, then get out there and try some Yoga, or if you are already a practicing Yogi/Yogini, look for ways to deepen your practice...you'll see what I mean;)

So...like I said, now what?  There are so many ways this thing could go.  I can open up my own studio, I can take on private clients, I can go into retirement centers, I can MOVE out of Los Angeles.  The possibilities are dang near endless.  Due to the generous support from my parents over the last two years, I am blissfully debt free (except for my stupid car).  I have no children, no significant other, absolutely NOTHING to tie me down.  I have this incredible freedom!  Normally I would say that I am terrified, but an extreme sensibility like that doesn't exist for me right now.  In this moment I am sitting in my lovely apartment at my cute little laptop in my comfy bathrobe contemplating some interesting thoughts.  Nothing terrifying going on right here and right now.  And right here and right now is all that is "real".  The rest is illusion.   I can imagine a better future, but that future won't exist until I create it.  I can imagine a dismal future, but again, that future will not exist until I create it and it becomes a present reality and I can tell you right now, I have absolutely ZERO intention of doing such a thing.  That would be lunacy.

My Teacher read an amazing quote yesterday by Krishnamurti and I will only be able to paraphrase, but it suggested that when we create the space, then big things will come to us.  Last week I started (without really understanding what it could manifest--space for NEW people) to create some space in my world of relationships by deleting all of the people from Facebook who I did not have a relationship with in real life.  

"Hot" didn't make the cut, he got clipped like the rest of the people who were needlessly cluttering cyberspace and my mind.  "Good bye Stranger, it's been nice.  Hope you find your Paradise."~Supertramp. (I think I've used this quote in my blog before, but it's just so appropriate for so many occasions...)

 It just started to feel strange and cluttered and unnecessary.  My next immediate step is to create some space in my apartment...starting with my closet.    So for the next two weeks, it's all about creating SPACE!...and then I will move on to the rest of my apartment.  All the while I will be creating space in my mind (with meditation) to make room for new ideas and in time,  the question of "Now What?" will have an answer.

I wonder if this idea will work with my bank account?  If I spend ALL of my money and create SPACE in my savings account, will BIGGER money come my way?  Hmmmm....sounds like an intriguing idea...

Right now, I'm going to take it breath by breath.

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time...thanks again for all your advice, my dear friend. You are an inspiration. I'm excited for the both of us. Major changes! XO

    ReplyDelete