Monday, June 21, 2010

An American Girl In Paris~Part Deux

Day 4

"Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink."~James T. Kirk

This is the phrase that has most come to mind when looking at all of the hot men here in Paris.  I would be referring to the fact that there are so many hot men at my disposal, but I am not at liberty to take advantage of the situtation.  It's KILLING ME!  The cops are especially handsome, there is definitely something to be said about a man in a uniform.

The one thing you need to know about using the restroom in Paris is this...it ain't a quick trip.  There is always a line and there are no paper towels.  Average time needed to go pee: 15 minutes--9 minutes to wait in queue, 1 minute to pee, and 5 minutes to blow dry your hands.  Plan accordingly.

Lack of sleep causes hysteria.  This time it manifested itself as this...my brother and I were playing with the word "Bible".  Using it phonetically, changing the pronunciation and such.  It got to the point where we were taking our finger horizontally to our lips and shaking it up and down quickly to create that "bpbubpbubupbpbu" sound, and we thought, "What if THAT'S how you had to say bible?"  Excuse me, do you know where I could buy a "bpubupbpuubpbp"?  Have you read the "bpubpbububpbbp"?  I swear on the Holy "BPUBPUBUPBPUBPBBU".

It was pretty funny, you might have had to have been there.

Another church.  This time, Notre Dame.  You really need to see it for yourself.  Once again, we walked in on a service, which once again reminded me of chanting Monks and the smell of incense made me miss my yoga classes.  I decided to pay the two euros to light a prayer candle and I silently chanted "Ra Ma Da Sa"...I'm pretty sure Jesus was okay with it.

Day 5

Red Lipstick and Lesbian Shirts.  This is all you need to know about Paris street fashion.  Now, I've been wearing Lesbian Shirts for quite some time and was about to nix them from my wardrobe because I felt like they made me look like a lesbian.  Well, not so fast K.D. Lang...the problem wasn't the shirt, the problem was how I was wearing it.  If you don't own a red lipstick, stop reading this blog and go out and buy one immediately.

*******************

Okay, now that you are back I will tell you what a lesbian shirt is.  It's a collared button down.  You, know like a man's shirt.  You need one.  And you need to know how to wear it.  Feminize it as much as you can with skinny jeans and a nice necklace, or by wearing red lipstick.  Check out a fashion mag or a website on Paris street fashion, they will walk you through it.  They are also wearing them short sleeved which is super cute.  One of my favorite outfits was a girl in a short-sleeved button down, super skinny blue jeans, and high top converse, read lipstick and her hair was up on top of her head soft curls and effortlessly messy.  Tres chic.

Standing in the metro very close to the train tracks and my iPod randomly chooses Madonna's song "You Push Me".   I look at my brother sideways.

Back to the restrooms.  Could the French underestimate the usage of the restrooms any less?  The Louvre must accommodate at least 10,000 per day, yet their main "Toilet" only has 8 stalls.  I waited in "the queue" for 15 minutes.  Um... just sayin'.  Know that using the restroom eats up about two hours per day of your precious vacation time.  Book an extra two days to make up for it if you have the means.

I've had a zit that has decided that it wants to come on trip with me.  He's still hanging on on day 5, with no end in site.  I don't remember inviting him, but he reminds me of Carrie's zit that she has to pop on the train to SF.

Last glimpse of Eiffel Tower + Red Wine = Tears

Day 6


I only have one thing to say about Day 6 and that is this.  Pack light.  The last thing you want to do is drag an oversized suitcase through the Paris Metro.  There are a lot of stairs and you end up looking like a stupid gluttonous American and a travel rookie.  Nice to meet you.

Okay, that's not all.  The train to Nice is wonderful.  Pretty comfy and puts you to sleep like a grandma in a rocking chair...and the views are splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment